Why are businesses turning their backs on traditional accounting software?
This week I retook my Xero certification test (and passed!) so I thought what an ideal opportunity to talk about this great accounting software. Those that know me know how passionate I am about Xero. It is very powerful but easy to use software which makes keeping your books not only a breeze but also a pleasure. This is software that is frequently called cool, amazing and fun but don’t let that fool you into thinking that it isn’t for serious businesses.
What are the benefits of using Xero?
- On-line – Xero is hosted on the internet so there is no need to worry about backups and updates. There is also no need for IT infrastructure or installation.
- Easy access – As it is hosted on the internet you can access Xero anytime, anywhere you have internet access including your smartphone.
- Safe and secure – Xero have invested heavily in protecting your precious financial information. They provide a level of security and data protection no small business could ever afford to maintain on their own systems.
- Real time – Businesses have access to their real time financial position, offering a competitive advantage. Automated daily bank feeds give you increased control over your cash flow.
- Collaboration – Sharing your financial data is easy. No need to download and email files to your accountant as they can access your data. If you need help, your accountant can see what you are referring to and provide accurate advice.
- Free support – The support is excellent and free. Xero listen to their users and the software is continuously being updated to include new features.
- No upfront costs – Xero is payable monthly and there are no upfront costs for the software.
- Add ons – With a wide range of add on partners, additional software can be linked to Xero to make your business much more productive.
- Easy to change – Changing from other software is easy. Xero have made it easy to import data so all your existing contacts, accounts and balances will be there. And there is no need to wait for year end.
Online accounting fundamentally changes how you work. Automated data feeds from your bank and your business network let you manage cash flow in real-time. The ability to collaborate with your team and advisors, anytime, from anywhere, transforms your business.
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more about Xero and how it could improve your financial performance, please get in touch. I can provide a free demonstration and advise on the easy steps to conversion.